Sunday, July 12, 2009

A must read

by Susan Buchanan

What may end up being the highlight of General Convention for me were the comments of our Anglican visitors from around the world yesterday. Dr. Jenny Te Paa from Auckland, New Zealand was particularly important to hear from, and I wish I could insist that every single one of you reading this could be required to read her comments. I can't insist, but I do implore you to read the whole thing (found here at http://www.episcopalcafe.com/lead/general_convention_2009_live/the_remarks_of_dr_jenny_te_paa.html )

I was in tears already following the comments of the Very Rev. Rowan Smith (South Africa), and just continued during Jenny Te Paa's. I wish I could make every bishop read her words. They did not invite these international visitors to speak to their House, and I think they will be all the poorer in their deliberations because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment