Saturday, July 11, 2009

Day 6

And it was evening and it was morning, the 6th day. Actually it is the 4th day of Legislation. It seems a great blur. Like one day rolls into the next with just a short nap to rest in between. As I finally lay my head down on the pillow each night I know how very proud I am to be an Episcopalian. Any how very honored and proud I am to be a deputy at this 76th General Convention. I am so happy that Margaret and Suzie and Mark have shared pictures with you on their blogs. I am actually going to take my camera with me today! I am hopeful that today we will move on B033. I woke this AM at 5:15 comosing my speach in my head. I was driven to get up and put it in writing. I am only hopeful that I may draw a winning lottery to be able to address the house.

Well, yesterday. Oh my! Besides great work in the house (we actually got the electronic voting down), we were nourished with our regular noontime Eucharist. Bonnie Anderson called us again to "practice unity" with one of her favorite quotes, "If you have to ask what Unity is, you'll never know it". It is so wonderful to enjoy the readings and music in another language. Yesterday we were honoring the Moravian church and its culture. The music is beyond great! Then last night. Please make sure to look for the Integrity Eucharist on the live broadcast. I cannot begin to share with you how very inspiring, moving and filled with God's love and the Holy Spirit it was. I do not have time to describe it to you right now, but will try to later. Much love to all. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Bon/Mom/Nan

1 comment:

  1. ...candles still going.....love you and miss you mom....xoxoxj

    ReplyDelete