Thursday, July 12, 2012

10 Days in Indianapolis

From Mark Jekins...

The last ten days in Indianapolis have been dizzying to say the least. My first General Convention was here in Indianapolis back in 1994. Since then, I've attended as a deputy or alternate. This was my first time since 1994 as a visitor - a different role for me but I managed to find plenty of work to do.

As a relative newcomer, I began my time here feeling like I had one foot in the old and one foot in the new. It was a joy to catch up with so many people from previous conventions as well as folks from Michigan, my former home. But the feeling straddling two different lives dissipated quickly as I was invited by our deputation into their community and deliberations. I am grateful to our Bishop, our Bishop-elect and to the entire deputation for their graceful and genial welcome. It's been a great time to reconnect with many old friends from around the country as well as to make new friends from New Hampshire.

Mark
http://www.facebook.com/KeeneObservations

2 comments:

  1. Mark, it was such an honor to have you serving with us this year. And to have you there to help shepherd all the work you did to get our beloved TEC to new places. We're all servants in this together. We may have been the ones who got to do some of the harvesting this time, but you did the hard and diligent work of sowing, and I thank you for your faithfulness. (And it was really really good to get to know you better. What a great gift to this diocese you are.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark, I feel the same as Susan Buchanan. If it took GC in Indianapolis to get us in the same space for quality time then so be it. Your experience and style are much appreciated and needed in NH and the wider Church. NH folk had a big influence on this Convention. Thank you for your help.

    ReplyDelete