Friday, July 6, 2012

Evening Meditation & Prayers, Legislative Day 2

From Susan Langle--

From "Prayers for All Seasons" (Night prayers in Ordinary Time/Creation) (p. 455 of the Blue Book) Offered for tired yet rejoicing deputies, knowing that much hard work will come with the dawn ....

The Lord almighty grant us a peaceful night and a perfect end. Amen

God our desire, whose coming we look for, but whose arrival is unexpected: Here in the darkness make us urgent to greet you, and open yourself to our longing that we may be known by you through Jesus Christ. Amen.

(Lifetime Psalm)

Praise my soul, our good Lord Sing songs to God's Name for God has brought my life into fresh waters when I was thristy. God has fed me with the Bread of Life when I was starving. God has sustained me along all my days and never has put me to shame. Praise my soul, our good Lord, for such abundant goodness.

Blessed are those who trust in the Lord, whose trust is in the Lord. They shall be like a tree planted by water, sending out its roots by the stream. It shall not fear when heat comes, and its leaves shall stay green, in the year of drought, it is not anxious, and it does not cease to bear fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Fish cannot drown in water, birds cannot sink in air, gold cannot persin in the refiner's fire. This has God given to all creatures: to foster and seek their own nature." Mechthild of Magdeburg 13th C

Meditation: What has God given us today to help us be more fully ourselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment